To kick off the weekend, Roommate and I decided to do something zany and healthy.
So we headed to our beloved YMCA and took part in our very first Zumba fitness class.
What is Zumba? You ask. Well, I’ll tell you. Or Wikipedia will, just go read the Wikipedia article.
After 55 minutes of exciting, confusing, and ethnic moving, I can proudly say that Roommate and I:
- Did not crash into each other.
- Didn’t cry or run away.
- Made a lot of ridiculous faces.
- Moved our hips a lot.
- Plan to go back, like, more than once.
So, overall, good experience. I highly recommend it.
Throughout the session, our instructor (Pam, very nice) said some things that I’m pretty much convinced all Zumba instructors say…
- Now for an Indian/Riverdance/Country dancing combo!
- jkdbjewbfjwlabje (we couldn’t hear her most of the time)
- Now for the fast one!
- The song’s not over! Keep going!
- Wooooooohoooooo! (I wonder what’s she’s like in Vegas)
- Double-time! Triple-time! Quadruple-time!
- Use the mirror! Use the mirror!
Maybe this is just Pam or maybe it was just tonight, but I’m going to use the power of generalization and assume everyone does the same exact thing.
What do you think? Have you ever Zumba-ed before? I’d love to hear about it.